City Hall will be closed Friday, July 3, for the observance of the Independence Day holiday. Garbage, yard waste and recyclables will not be collected on Saturday, July 4. City residents whose normal collection day is Saturday will have all their items picked up on Wednesday, July 8.

The July 4th Fireworks Show at the South Jetty is CANCELED this year

For up-to-date information regarding Coronavirus, visit

Get Updates on Local COVID-19 Response

Venice Beach, Florida

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option












NOTE: All beachgoers are asked to maintain social distancing of 6 feet apart and avoid large groups.

 Venice Beach is a Certified Blue Wave Beach. For more information, click here.

VeniceBeachVintageThe unique “sail” style pavilion at the beach is an iconic landmark along with the beach restroom building that was built in 1964. The beach is in Venice city limits but is maintained by Sarasota County, including its concession area. Parking is free and lifeguards are available. Camping is not allowed on the beach and fires are also prohibited.                 
Venice Beach provides a scenic view of the Venice Public Fishing Pier and many opportunities to see dolphins and shorebirds. The beaches along Venice are home to a large number of marine turtle nests between the months of May and October. 
Beach renourishment is an important way to protect coastal communities from storm surge and hurricane impacts. It also has the added benefit of providing a beautiful, sandy beach for recreation. Beach renourishment is funded with a combination of contribution from the Army Corps of Engineers (65%), with the remaining 35% cost shared by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection/City of Venice (47%/53%). The beach is renourished on a 10-year cycle, with the second renourishment of the first 50-year contract with the Army Corps completed in 2015.  

                                                                                                                                                                   Amenities: Free parking, lifeguards, food concession, shelter, two sand volleyball courts, picnic area and boardwalks. Additional parking is available across the street to the north at Graser Park at the intersection of Barcelona Avenue and Apalachicola Road near The Esplanade. SCAT bus service is available.

Restrictions: Alcohol and tobacco products are prohibited. Click here to view all restrictions.
                                                                                                                                                                   Location: 101 The Esplanade at the west end of West Venice Avenue


Venice Beach Aerial




Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer