As a contractor, you will be able to find most of the information you will need to work with the City of Venice Utilities Department here.
Please contact the Utilities Department at (941) 480-3333 or email Tracy Self to schedule one of the following:
- Witness a fire hydrant flow test
- Witness chlorination of a water main
- Witness a utility system tap
- Schedule a backflow test (for the meter to be temporarily turned on to perform test)
- Schedule a potable water outage
Remember to always make sure a permit is pulled when necessary. See our permitting page for more information.
Here are some links for quick access:
- City of Venice Standard Details (request through email)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Mapping
- If you are a backflow tester and need to submit backflow test results, please email the test form to Damien Stillings
- Boil water advisories
Want to know what the colored flags or paint represent after your locate has been completed: