Supplies can be dropped off at Fire Station 2, 200 N. Grove St., Venice; or Fire Station 3, 5300 E. Laurel Rd., Venice.
Items needed are:
- Nonperishables, canned and boxed foods
- Drinks of all kinds
- Snacks, pudding, protein bars, jerky, etc.
- Contractor trash bags
- Large trash bags
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Mold killer
- Lysol, disinfectants, brooms, buckets, mops
- Laundry soap, dish soap
- Brushes, razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant
- Dry shampoo, regular shampoo and conditioner
- Walkers, canes
- Elderly supplies, Depends
- Advil, Band-Aids, adult cold medicine
- Air mattresses, new pillows, blankets
- Donated clothing has to be new (it can be without tags), for kids and seniors all ages and sizes
- Building supplies, generators, grills, tools, batteries, solar lights, flashlights, bug spray
- Baby diapers, wipes, children’s cold medicine
- Gift cards for big box stores like Walmart, or prepaid Visa cards
- Any monetary donations should be in check form, made out to “Venice Firefighters Benevolent Fund.” In the memo line, please write “For Hurricane Michael Relief.”
If anyone would like to donate a card and put in a few words for a family in need -- let them know that you’re thinking of them and give them a little inspiration -- they would love this too!
The United Cajun Navy Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Therefore, 100% of your donation is tax-deductible. Please use the EIN number 82-5013897 to claim your tax donation.
The United Cajun Navy is also looking for volunteers to travel to the area and assist with the moving of debris. Those interested in doing so may contact Venice Fire Chief Shawn Carvey via email at email@example.com