SOLID WASTE – RECYCLING – YARD WASTE COLLECTION INFORMATION
Solid Waste Preparation Guidelines
- All garbage must be placed inside your city issued automated cart.
- Garbage should be placed in a plastic bag to keep cart clean.
- Carts must be placed curbside by 7:00 am on your collection day and removed by 6:00 pm the same day. Residents receive twice weekly garbage collection and once weekly recycling and yard waste collection.
- The lids on the cart should point towards the street and there should be at least three feet of space around the cart. Drivers will not get out of the truck to position your cart in the right place.
- Drivers will not collect garbage outside of the cart. Please call (941) 486-2422 to make arrangements for extra garbage to be collected. Charges may apply.
- The carts remain the property of the City of Venice. Please call (941) 486-2422 to get a replacement for a broken cart. Residents are responsible to keep their carts clean.
- Do not put recyclables, yard waste, construction debris, or hazardous waste in your garbage cart.
- All Styrofoam items are garbage and should be placed in your garbage cart.
Yard Waste Preparation Guidelines (weekly)
- All yard waste must be contained in a manual garbage can, or a paper yard trash bag or securely tied bundles not exceeding four feet in length. Each can, bag, and bundle cannot weight more than 40 lbs.
- All yard waste must be placed curbside by 7:00 am on your collection day.
Yard Waste Preparation Guidelines (bulk)
- Appointments for yard waste bulk collection should be made before your pile is place at the curb.
- Residents are allowed two 20-yard collections per fiscal year. (Oct 1 thru Sept 30)
- Only brush, trimmings, branches, and fronds are accepted. No stumps or logs. Please call (941)486-2422 for information on disposing of larger material.
- Carts must be placed curbside by 7:00 am on your collection day and removed by 6:00 pm the same day.
- Currently, you should have a blue cart for recycling. Please, place your newspaper, magazines, paper board (cereal and cracker type boxes) junk mail, and other paper as well as glass, plastic, aluminum, and steel cans in your recycling cart.
- Cardboard boxes should be broken down flat and placed in your blue recycling cart.
- Do not put garbage, yard waste, construction debris, or hazardous waste in your blue recycle cart.