Police Officer Qualifications
- Must be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background check, with no conviction of a felony or a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Be a minimum of nineteen (19) years of age.
- Successfully complete a polygraph.
- Successfully pass a drug screening test.
- Successfully pass a psychological evaluation
- Undergo a physical examination
- Prefer candidates be Florida Certified (or Certifiable) in law enforcement. We will also accept applications from out of state Law Enforcement Officers and individuals who are currently enrolled in a certified police academy.
- If applicant is a veteran of an armed service of the United States, must have a minimum of a general discharge.
- Prefer minimum of an associate degree from an accredited college or 60 credit hours.
- Salaries starting at $42,068
- 2nd Year of Employment$47,958
- 3rd Class Starting $53,848
- 2nd Class Starting $59,738
- 1st Class Starting - $65,628
- Master Patrol Officer - $71,518
- Additional Incentive Pay for A.A. and B.S. Degrees
- Night Shift Differential Pay, and Off-Duty Employment Opportunities
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick, and Compensatory Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance in addition to annual wellness exam at no additional cost
- State of Florida Retirement System
For assistance you may contact:
Tel: (941) 882-7371
Fax: (941) 483-5966
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.