Garage sales that are held within the City of Venice are required to be registered with the Planning and Zoning Division. There is no cost to register. The following applies to garage sales:
- Permitted in residential districts
- Each address is limited to four sales per calendar year
- Sale hours are limited to 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Sales may last up to three consecutive days and must be registered with the City no later than three business days in advance of the first day of the sale
- Garage sales are only for the sale of personal belongings or household effects (e.g., furniture, tools, clothing, etc.) at the seller's premises, typically held in a garage and/or yard. The term garage sale is considered equivalent with the terms yard sale, estate sale and other terms that convey the same meaning.
Fill out the online form below and a registration certificate will be sent to the email provided. Print and display the registration on the property during the sale. Paper applications can also be submitted with the Planning and Zoning Division office.
For community/neighborhood garage sales please contact Kelsey Mahoney in the Planning and Zoning Division at (941) 486-2626 ext. 7435.