- (941) 486-2626 ext. 7432
- (941) 486-2626 ext. 7445
- (941) 486-2626 ext. 7433
- (941) 486-2626 ext. 7434
Development Services Director
- (941) 486-2626 ext. 7431
- (941) 486-2626 ext. 7449
The Planning & Zoning Division, as a division of the Development Services Department, guides growth and development by initiating current and long-range planning activities. These activities are performed through implementation of the Land Development Code, review and management of new development projects, the coordination and development of sector area plans, and the City’s Comprehensive Plan. The division promotes the development of economic vitality and diversity and ensures outstanding delivery of public services. It works in partnership with the Planning Commission and City Council to ensure business interests and community needs for future growth and development are met.
The Planning & Zoning Division is also responsible for review and enforcement of other types of permits:
- Temporary use permits which includes portable storage structures (PODS), temporary signs or banners, construction trailers, special events on private property, and more. The application can be downloaded here.
- Local Business Tax Receipts for all businesses that have a physical address within the city limits. More information can be found here.
- Dog friendly dining permits for some restaurants within the city limits. The application can be downloaded here.
- Outdoor café, display permits, or other use of public property permits. The application can be downloaded here.
- Garage sales within the city are free to register. To register for a garage sale click here.
The Planning & Zoning Division is located at City Hall in Room 109 and is open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The main phone number is (941)486-2626 ext. 7445.