- The City of Venice is listed as a permittee on the State of Florida Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit No. FLS000004-004, issued on January 1, 2014.
- This NPDES permit provides the City with authorization to discharge stormwater to waters of the state, in accordance with the conditions of the permit.
- Part VI of the permit requires each permittee to prepare and submit an annual report summarizing all stormwater related activities from the previous calendar year.
You are invited to view the most recent report, the 2017 Annual Report. The 2018 report will be available in June 2019.
Following are items on which the city must report, as part of the NPDES MS4 permit:
- Structural controls and stormwater collection systems operation
- Areas of new development and significant redevelopment
- Flood control projects
- Municipal waste treatment, storage, and disposal facilities not covered by an NPDES stormwater permit
- Pesticides, herbicides and fertilizer application
- Illicit discharges and improper disposal
- Spill prevention and responses
- Industrial and high risk runoff
- Construction site runoff
- Evaluation of the stormwater management plan
The City offers presentations to HOAs and professional and civic organizations on stormwater and the NPDES program. Please contact us at 941-882-7412 if your community would like a presentation at one of your regular meetings.
We are currently looking for volunteers this Fall to help put drain markers throughout the city just like the one above. If you are interested please call 941-882-7412 or email our staff and we will give you more information.
Please complete our brief stormwater survey to help us improve the effectiveness of our stormwater outreach and, ultimately, protect the local waters from pollution.