- The City of Venice 2019 Standard Details (printable pdf version)
- The City of Venice 2019 Standard Details (downloadable CAD version)
- Paver Installation Guidelines (printable pdf version)
- The City of Venice Title VI and ADA Plan(printable pdf version)
Permits and Applications
- Construction Permits must be obtained for all proposed improvements that require site and development plan review or other applicable City regulations. Improvements requiring a construction permit include streets, utility improvements, common use access driveways, multi-family, commercial, and industrial developments, etc. The application shall be submitted with eight (8) sets of construction plans signed and sealed by a Florida licensed professional Engineer and a copy of the SWFWMD permit or completion letter.
- Modification of an approved Construction Permit requires submittal of eight (8) signed & sealed copies of any revised sheets.
- A License Agreement may be applied for, and is only granted, in cases of extreme hardship in removing encroachment on the city right of way or for special exceptions involving proposed encroachments into the city right of way; e.g. pavers installed over concrete per city details. The completed License Agreement form must be submitted to the City Clerk's office.
- A right-of-way use authorization must be obtained from the Engineering Department prior to initiating the installation of any improvements or conducting any construction activities within the city right of way.
- The Site Preparation Permit is required for any construction activity that has the potential to pollute an existing drainage system or a receiving body of water, such as earthmoving, site clearing, concrete pouring, boat dock installations, and demolitions.
- A Property Additions form must be completed and approved by the Engineering Department for all additions to existing structures. Submittal requirements are summarized in the form.
- The Certificate of Construction Form must be completed, signed and sealed by the site drainage engineer upon completion of construction.
- City acceptance of improvements, such as additions to the public water and sewer systems and public roadways, requires completion of Turnover of Improvements documents and the Turnover of Improvements Form
For additional Permits, Forms and Applications visit the Building Division's page