Additional Engineering Links
- Explore interactive maps on the Sarasota County GIS website
- The Florida Department of Environmental Protection is the state’s lead agency for environmental management and stewardship, protecting our air, water and land.
- The Florida Department of Transportation's primary statutory responsibility is to coordinate the planning and development of a safe, viable, and balanced state transportation system serving all regions of the state, and to assure the compatibility of all components, including multimodal facilities.
- The Southwest Florida Water Management District manages flood protection, water supply, water quality, and environmental protection for roughly 10,000 square miles in all, or part, of 16 counties in west-central Florida.
- The NPDES permit program, created in 1972 by the Clean Water Act (CWA), helps address water pollution by regulating point sources that discharge pollutants to waters of the United States.
- The Sarasota County Water Atlas
The Sarasota County Water Atlas is designed to provide citizens, scientists, professionals, and planners with comprehensive and current water quality, hydrologic, and ecological data, as well as information about recreational opportunities and a library of scientific and educational materials on water resource issues.
Flood Protection Links
- For flood protection information, please visit the National Flood Insurance Program website.