About the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities in several areas, including employment, transportation, public accommodations, communications and access to state and local government programs and services.
- As it relates to employment, Title I of the ADA protects the rights of both employees and job seekers.
- The ADA also establishes requirements for telecommunications relay services.
- Title IV, which is regulated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), also requires closed captioning of federally funded public service announcements.
- City of Venice ADA Transition Plan
- City of Venice Title VI and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) plan
- The United States Department of Labor: Americans with Disabilities Act
- The United States Dept. of Justice, Civil Rights Division website: https://www.ada.gov.
- United States Access Board: www.access-board.gov