Venice Museum to reopen 7/13
Venice Historical Resources is happy to announce the reopening of the Venice Museum, housed inside the historic Triangle Inn, and the Julia Cousins Laning and Dale Laning Archives & Research Center on Monday, July 13. The Museum will open for now with a limited schedule, operating Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Archives & Research Center will return to access by appointment.
Your experience visiting the Museum at 351 Nassau St. S. may be a little different from before, but still engaging. We have taken many precautions to protect both your health and ours when you visit. Some of them include:
• Out of respect for visitors’ health, Museum staff will be wearing masks. Visitors are also asked to wear masks or cloth face coverings inside the facilities.
• There will be hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes throughout the Museum. Feel free to use them on your hands and the surfaces you touch.
• You’ll be tested to see if you can safely social distance by one shuffleboard cue stick, a P-47 propeller blade, or a sandbar shark.
• We thought plexiglass was only for museum exhibit cases, but now we are using it as an added layer of protection between staff and visitors.
• For now, we are handling purchases with credit and debit cards; no cash will be accepted at this time.
The hallway exhibit, "Selling Venice: Advertising in the 1920s" will continue its run until January 13, 2021. Due to many requests, the Museum is extending "Playing in Paradise: The History of Venice Sports" until July 28, 2021.
The Archives & Research Center, across the street from the Museum at 224 Milan Ave. W., will also be taking precautions during this time. Staff there will also wear masks and procedures are in place for the safe transfer of materials from staff to researchers. Appointments will be staggered to support safe social distancing and allow time to wipe down areas. Appointment requests can be made by calling 941-716-7255 or emailing email@example.com.
The Venice Historical Resources staff looks forward to your visit.