• The Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 17 at City Hall has been canceled due to concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19). For any petitions requiring public hearings, the City will follow the notice requirements, including posting, newspaper advertisement, and mailings to adjacent property owners when the petitions are rescheduled.
• The Venice Hurricane Expo scheduled for Friday, April 24 at the Venice Community Center has been canceled. A reschedule date is being reviewed at this time.
• The Venice Museum and the Julia Cousins Laning and Dale Laning Archives & Research Center are closed to the public through May 1. You may still contact staff at 941-486-2487, email@example.com for the Museum; 941-716-7255, firstname.lastname@example.org for the Archives and Research Center.
Additionally, these meetings are also canceled:
• Planning Commission – April 7
• City Council and Planning Commission Workshop on the Land Development Regulations – March 18
• Historic Preservation Board – March 20
• Environmental Advisory Board – March 25
• Architectural Review Board – March 26 and April 9
• City Council’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Workshop – March 27
• Citizens Tax Oversight Committee – April 1
• Code Enforcement Board – April 2
A reminder that the City has also canceled all special events permitted on public property until May 1. The cancellation date is subject to change depending on health and safety conditions.