City of Venice backflow testing
The City of Venice Utilities Department is providing and performing the required testing and maintenance of backflow prevention devices for all of customers within City limits.*
WHAT DOES THE CITY PROVIDE ?
• Installation of a backflow protection device and pressure relief valve, when required.
• Required testing and certification or replacement, depending on the type of device.
• Required maintenance, including repair and replacement if needed, on applicable devices.
• Property surveys by staff and required tracking of certifications and cross-connection hazards.
* Some restrictions do apply; fire sprinkler systems and the initial installation and testing for new construction are not included.
The Utilities Department has contracted Babe’s Plumbing to help perform these services. When scheduled testing/installation is due, the Utilities Department will mail a postcard notification to the homeowner letting them know that Babe’s Plumbing will be out sometime within the next 2 weeks to perform the scheduled service. Scheduling will occur depending on location. This scheduled testing/installation will ensure that all customers are in compliance with the Cross-Connection Control Program, which is needed to protect our City’s Water Distribution System, as required by law.
Additional information is available on the Utilities backflow prevention page.
Those with questions can call the Utilities Department at 941-480-3333, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.