West Blalock ParkAmenities:
- Commemorative Plaques
- Litter Receptacles
- Pedestrian Walkway
- Picnic Tables
NOTE: Please enjoy this park while maintaining social distancing of 6 feet apart and avoiding large groups.
West Blalock Park, located across from the Triangle Inn/Venice Museum & Archives and the CommunityCenter, is named for James T. Blalock, who served as mayor of Venice from 1929-41. The statues in the park of a manatee, sea turtle, Florida panther and tarpon were created by Atlanta artist Thomas Prochnow.
West Blalock includes the Monty Andrews Arboretum, sidewalks, shade trees and a gazebo in an area sometimes used for special events, including the annual Christmas Tree Lighting in December. The arboretum names many types of palm trees and is decorated by Venice Area Beautification Inc. for the holidays.